Do I look local?
Haha..
Many people said that I do not look chinese nor do I look local.
To begin with, when I was younger before I go to school, many people thought that I'm eurasian. That is because, I had natural curly hair and my hair is brown plus I have extra long eye lashes. My Grandma never allow my mother to let me wear a hat as I would look more eurasian. When I show my friends, one of my old photos, they thought that I look Malay. o_O??
During primary school, someone once mention that I look Japanese. My tutor thought that I was eurasian. She didn't believe that I was a pure Chinese.
At secondary school, many people thought that I was Indonesian Chinese. Maybe that is because I was always around the Indonesians and I kind of caught their accent. My friends said that my chinese sounded "Ang mo", but I thought my chinese is ok.. Many teachers always mixed me up with another friend, Devi. They thought that we were twins! For goodness sake, we are of different nationalities! ;)
And Poly? During year 1, someone thought that I was Indonesian too. She was shocked when she heard me speak chinese. Lol! =D Other than that, no one says that I not Singaporean nor Chinese. Think that is because I grew fairer and lost the accent.
Now that I'm working at Marche, I've been identified as any nationality but Singaporean. Some colleagues thought that I look like I'm from Myanmar, some thought that I look China Chinese. Once a customer asked me if I'm Singaporean. Haha! Now what? One of my colleague thought that I am "Ang Mo" (that is what she said). Haha.. She was also shocked when I speak chinese. She was like, "Eh? You know chinese?" And what's more? She later confirmed with me that both my parents are chinese. Hahaha...
Lolx!! In conclusion, I don't look like a Singaporean Chinese.. What do you think?
Many people said that I do not look chinese nor do I look local.
To begin with, when I was younger before I go to school, many people thought that I'm eurasian. That is because, I had natural curly hair and my hair is brown plus I have extra long eye lashes. My Grandma never allow my mother to let me wear a hat as I would look more eurasian. When I show my friends, one of my old photos, they thought that I look Malay. o_O??
During primary school, someone once mention that I look Japanese. My tutor thought that I was eurasian. She didn't believe that I was a pure Chinese.
At secondary school, many people thought that I was Indonesian Chinese. Maybe that is because I was always around the Indonesians and I kind of caught their accent. My friends said that my chinese sounded "Ang mo", but I thought my chinese is ok.. Many teachers always mixed me up with another friend, Devi. They thought that we were twins! For goodness sake, we are of different nationalities! ;)
And Poly? During year 1, someone thought that I was Indonesian too. She was shocked when she heard me speak chinese. Lol! =D Other than that, no one says that I not Singaporean nor Chinese. Think that is because I grew fairer and lost the accent.
Now that I'm working at Marche, I've been identified as any nationality but Singaporean. Some colleagues thought that I look like I'm from Myanmar, some thought that I look China Chinese. Once a customer asked me if I'm Singaporean. Haha! Now what? One of my colleague thought that I am "Ang Mo" (that is what she said). Haha.. She was also shocked when I speak chinese. She was like, "Eh? You know chinese?" And what's more? She later confirmed with me that both my parents are chinese. Hahaha...
Lolx!! In conclusion, I don't look like a Singaporean Chinese.. What do you think?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home