Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year's Day!!

Initially I have to work till 12am last night. Thought that that was really kelian, having to count down to the year at work instead of having fun with others. However, I managed to get permission to end earlier at 11pm.

As usual, like the time i predicted that Christmas Day wouldn't be busy because of the road block, but Marche felt that it would be busy and had full staff that day. Guess what? It's wasn't that busy at all. Same for yesterday, most people weren't at Orchard area, all the party goers are at Woodlands, Siloso Beach, Esplanade or Mt Faber. Who would want to come to orchard when all the fun are not here.

The funniest thing:

me: "So are we still leading guests in? There is no queue right now."

team leader: "Yeah.. We are waiting for the late queue, because later have count down."

me: o_0?? Oh ok.. (Like who is coming here for count down?)

Not long later, they stopped leading guests. Come on! No guests to lead! I was one of the guest leader but we were queuing for the customers, not the other way round. About 15 minutes after leading guest, I asked to go back to may station. To sum up, it wasn't busy yesterday.

I felt so upset yesterday. My colleagues as usual were having their discussion(gossip), I wanted to join in, but they didn't let me into their conversation. I knew what they were talking about! Oh well.. They think that I'm an outsider.. That's just so sad for me.. Don't care lah! I tried to fit in, I think I managed for a time but then I fell out of the gang again. Maybe we just don't make suitable friends for each other.. sometimes I do not understand them at all.. Maybe I'm just jealous.. Haha.. Anyway, I think there are people who dislike me.. So who cares!

Oh enough of digression.. Back to topic..

Orchard was choatic!(But not as choatic as Christmas eve) Almost everyone was holding a spray can and I really hate those foam type! They kept spraying and I feel so soapy and sticky afterwards. Some people were really attacking the passerbys.. Those with spray can usually attacked those with spray cans.. I can see some racism too.. There were lots of indian workers and those teenagers keep spraying at them..

I actually felt the whole spraying thingy very childish.. Haha.. Most probablly because, I wasn't dress in the "can make me dirty" kind of clothes so I really didn't enjoy. The air was filled with the smell of CFC? Not too sure.. It was really pungent and my nose is very numb, when I breath through my mouth, I felt my throat burning.. Horrible feeling. For a small part, I did like the counting down.

After that I walked with Fab to City Hall to meet his friends to have supper.. The going home part was a killer.. It took us ages to grab a cab.. All the cabs available were on call.. We walked from Esplanade to City Hall to Bugis to Simlim. Finally we managed to get on one after about 1 hour.. Reached home really late, about 4. This is the first time I got home so late, this morning my Mum was angry. Sigh..

Boy! What a day to start New Year's Day.. I still have work later. That really stink my day! Anyway, Happy New Year Peeps!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home