Monday, May 16, 2005

Parents

What do you guys think of your parents? Are they overprotective? Kind? Friendly? Strict? What are they?

Mine? They are mighty strict and protective, which I'm starting to feel a little suffocated by them.
  • Cannot go out everyday
  • Curfew: Cannot go home too late (this have been compromised)
  • No staying over at friend's house (even if my parents know them)
  • Cannot stay over for chalet
  • Cannot go to bf's house too often (ok I understand this and I have compromised)
  • Every Sunday is strictly Family Day (must we make one day for such a day? we don't even go for outings only for brunch or dinner)
  • No boyfriend till you go out to work ( finally they accepted fab, however I cannot let my relatives know it. WTH!)

I capable of taking care of myself, I know what is wrong and what is right so why are they so protective? Because I'm the eldest? I'm a girl? Which one or both?

Is it because I always need to get their permission for so many things, that I feel that I have become extremely indecisive, I can't seem to make up my mind. Are they over protective that sometimes I find myself running away from responsibilities. I'm just afraid to take risk though I always say others for being so. I'm just a timid little girl, not able to face society.

Sometimes I feel that I behave like a snob or some da4 xiao3 jie3, though I'm not one. I hate giving people that impression that I'm such a person. Once someone thought I was a some da4 xiao3 jie3 due to the way I behave and talk I suppose. I hate that as it doesn't mean any good, it means I'm snobbish, cannot take suffering, a girls who gets everything she wants? No I don't.

However I do not mean that what my parents did is wrong, they care for me and are protecting me the way they think is good for me. But they never understand why I feel I should be given more freedom. They are good parents, we joked and played with each other but it's not enough. Maybe I'm just being really naive and childish at this, I need to grow up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home